This Policy applies to the//flux website, a site owned by nib health funds limited ABN 83 000 124 381 (nib).
What information does the flux collect?
When you visit this website, your anonymous usage information is tracked using cookies and analysed by an analytics and optimisation service. The information collected may include:
- your server address
- your domain name
- the date and time you visited nib's website
- the pages you accessed
- the previous sites you visited
- the type of Internet browser you used
- the type of operating system and device you used
Personal information may be collected by nib through the//flux website when you chose to give it to us, such as when you complete an online form or submit other information or documentation to us online.
What are the purposes for which we hold, use and disclose information?
We hold, use and disclose personal information that you give to us for the primary purpose for which it was collected, which will be made clear to you at the time of collection. This will principally be providing you with the services you have requested.
Other purposes for which we hold, use and disclose your personal information may include:
- to communicate with you, including sending you information about nib’s goods and services or the goods and services of its strategic business partners;
- to personalise and customise your experience;
- to investigate any complaints about or made by you or any breaches of our terms and conditions;
- purposes as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
Who may personal information be disclosed to?
We may disclose personal information, and you consent to us disclosing your personal information, to other parts of our wider company, or other people and organisations assisting us with our services, including third parties:
- engaged by us to provide products and services on our behalf;
- that are authorised by you to receive information held by us;
- if we have reason to suspect that you have committed a breach of our terms and conditions, or have otherwise been engaged in any unlawful activity;
- as part of a sale (or proposed sale) of all or part of our business; and/or
- as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
Is my personal information kept secure?
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is kept secure, and is not subject to misuse, interference and loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We only permit authorised personnel to access your personal information, and information will only be disclosed to third parties where they have the appropriate authority. We destroy or de-identify personal information we no longer need, wherever possible.
How do I gain access to my information?
You can access your personal information by contacting nib using the details set out below.
We will need to verify your identity before we can provide you with access. We will in all cases respond to your request within a reasonable period, however there may be circumstances in which we cannot provide you with access in the manner requested or at all. If this happens, we will advise you in writing of our reasons and how you can complain about the decision.
You will not be charged for making an access request, however we may need to charge for the reasonable cost of processing your access request, including photocopying, copying of radiographs, supplying written reports, administration and postage.
More information or complaints
Our contact details
Privacy Officer nib health funds limited 22 Honeysuckle Drive Newcastle NSW 2300 Telephone 13 14 63 Email [email protected]
If you are not satisfied with the result of your complaint to us, you can refer your complaint to the:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner Phone: 1300 363 992 Post: GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001 Online form: www.oaic.gov.au (Privacy Complaint Form)